This Slow Cooker Beef Goulash Recipe is the perfect meal for a winter night. It's hearty, filling, and full of flavor. And best of all, it's easy to make. Just throw everything in the slow cooker and let it do its thing.
This goulash recipe features beef chuck roast, paprika, garlic, onion, tomatoes, and red wine. The beef is cooked until it's tender and falling apart. Then, the vegetables are added and cooked until they're soft and flavorful. The whole dish is served over egg noodles or mashed potatoes.
Whether you're looking for an easy weeknight meal or something to cozy up with on a cold night, this Slow Cooker Beef Goulash Recipe is sure to hit the spot.
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) of diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Hungarian paprika
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- Place the beef in the slow cooker.
- Mix together the tomatoes, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Pour over the beef.
- In a small bowl, mix together the red wine and beef broth. Pour over the beef mixture in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- About 30 minutes before the end of cooking time, whisk together the onion, bell pepper, Hungarian paprika, tomato paste, sugar, and olive oil or vegetable oil in a large bowl.
- Add this mixture to the slow cooker and continue cooking until the vegetables are tender about 30 minutes.
- Add the sour cream and stir well to combine. Cook for an additional 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or rice.
Here are some tips to help you make the perfect goulash:
- Choose the right cut of beef. For best results, use a chuck roast or stew meat. These cuts of beef are well-marbled and will become tender and flavorful when cooked slowly in the goulash.
- Season the beef generously with salt and pepper before browning it in a pan. This will help to develop flavor and ensure that the beef is nicely seasoned throughout.
- Don't skip the tomato paste! The tomato paste adds richness and depth of flavor to the goulash, so be sure to add it in when you're sautéing the onions and garlic.
This Slow Cooker Beef Goulash Recipe is the perfect meal for a winter night. It's hearty, flavorful, and best served with a few simple sides.
Here are a few serving suggestions to make your meal even more delicious:
- Serve over a bed of egg noodles or mashed potatoes.
- Top with sour cream, shredded cheese, or chopped fresh parsley.
- Add a side of steamed broccoli or green beans.
Your family will love this comforting dish - give it a try tonight!
Not only is it packed with flavor, but it's also relatively nutritious. Here are the nutrition facts for this tasty dish.
One serving of this goulash contains approximately:
- 330 calories
- 15 grams of fat
- 11 grams of carbohydrates
- 33 grams of protein
While the calorie and fat content may seem high, keep in mind that this dish is meant to be enjoyed as part of a larger meal. When paired with a healthy side dish and a glass of water, it makes for a well-rounded and satisfying meal.