This ground beef and broccoli recipe is healthy and flavorful. The beef is cooked with ginger, garlic, and soy sauce, and the broccoli is steamed until it's tender. Serve this dish over rice for a complete meal.
Ground beef and broccoli is a classic combination that's loved by many. This dish is easy to make and can be on the table in just 30 minutes. Plus, it's a great way to sneak some extra vegetables into your family's diet. If you're looking for a delicious and healthy meal, look no further than this ground beef and broccoli recipe!
If you're looking for a healthy and flavorful ground beef recipe, you'll love this one! Plus, the leftovers taste great reheated, so it's perfect for meal prep.
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
Made with just a few simple ingredients, they’re packed with flavor and protein.
For the ground beef, we like to use leaner ground beef so that there’s less fat to drain off. But feel free to use whatever ground beef you have on hand. If you want to add an extra boost of flavor, you can brown the beef in a tablespoon of olive oil before adding it to the bowl.
As for the broccoli, we also like to use fresh broccoli florets. But if you’re short on time, you can also use frozen broccoli. Just be sure to cook it until it’s tender but still crisp.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large skillet, brown beef over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Drain fat and remove from heat.
- Spread beef in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly browned.
- In the same skillet, cook broccoli florets and garlic over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in soy sauce and sesame oil.
- To assemble, spoon the broccoli mixture over the beef on the baking sheet and serve immediately.
There are many delicious and easy ways to enjoy ground beef and broccoli together. Here are a few serving suggestions to get you started:
- For a quick and healthy meal, stir-fry ground beef and broccoli together with some garlic and ginger. Serve over rice or noodles.
- Another simple way to enjoy this classic combination is to top a bed of steamed broccoli with cooked ground beef that has been seasoned with your favorite herbs and spices.
- For a heartier dish, try making savory ground beef and broccoli casserole. Simply combine cooked ground beef, broccoli, and your favorite sauce or gravy, then bake until hot and bubbly. Serve with mashed potatoes or bread on the side.
Assuming a 3 oz. serving of 80/20 ground beef and 1 cup of fresh broccoli, here are the key nutrients you'll be getting:
- Protein: 22 grams
- Fat: 16 grams
- Carbohydrates: 0 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Cholesterol: 75 milligrams
- Sodium: 75 milligrams
- Potassium: 330 milligrams
While all of those nutrients are important, let's take a closer look at some of the standouts.
First up, protein. Ground beef is an excellent source of high-quality protein. Protein is essential for maintaining muscle mass, supporting immune function, and keeping you feeling full.
Next, fat. The type of fat found in ground beef is mostly saturated and monounsaturated, which isn't necessarily bad for you. These fats help support healthy skin, hair, and cell membranes. They also work with the protein in ground beef to keep you feeling full.
Carbohydrates are another important component of ground beef. Carbs are a major source of energy for your body. If you choose the right ground beef, it can be a great addition to your weight-loss plan.
All in all, pick the right ground beef if you're watching your weight and trying to keep your carb intake in check, it's important to choose ground beef that has as few carbs as possible.