There are a lot of recipes for fried chicken out there. So, what makes this one the best? For starters, it's nice and crispy. The skin is golden brown and crunchy, while the meat is juicy and flavorful. Plus, it's not too greasy.
Another great thing about this recipe is that it's relatively simple to make. You don't need any fancy ingredients or equipment. Just some chicken, some flour, and a good frying pan.
So if you're looking for a delicious, crispy fried chicken recipe that's easy to make, give this one a try. You won't be disappointed!
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. While the oven is preheating, heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- To make the coating for your chicken, mix together 1 cup of flour, 1 teaspoon of paprika, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a shallow bowl.
- In another shallow bowl, whisk together 2 eggs.
- Dip each chicken piece in the flour mixture, then the eggs, and then back in the flour mixture again. Make sure each piece is well coated.
- Place the chicken pieces in the hot skillet and cook for about 8 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, whisk together 1 cup of milk and 2 tablespoons of flour in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon of curry powder.
- Serve the chicken with gravy and rice. Leftover curry is great on rice as well or served over baked potatoes.
If you want to make the perfect crispy fried chicken, there are a few things you need to know:
- First, make sure your chicken is dry before you start cooking. If it's wet, the breading will fall off and you'll be left with sad, naked chicken
- Second, use a good quality oil for frying. we like to use peanut oil, but you can also use vegetable or canola oil
- Third, don't overcrowd the pan! This will make the chicken take longer to cook and won't give you that nice crispy skin
When it comes to serving up a delicious fried chicken dinner, there are endless possibilities. But if you're looking for something extra crispy, try this recipe.
- Serve your crispy fried chicken with a simple green salad and some roasted potatoes. For an added touch of flavor, top the salad with a homemade vinaigrette or your favorite store-bought dressing.
- Looking for a heartier meal? Serve your fried chicken over a bed of rice or quinoa and top with sautéed veggies. Add a side of hot sauce or ranch dressing for dipping and you've got yourself a winner!
A lot of people love fried chicken because it is tasty and crispy. However, they may not be aware of the nutritional value of this dish. Here are some facts about the nutrition of crispy fried chicken.
One serving of fried chicken has about 280 calories and 16 grams of fat. The majority of the fat in fried chicken is located in the skin. If you remove the skin before eating, you can reduce the fat content by about half.
Fried chicken also contains a good amount of protein. One serving has about 28 grams of protein, which is important for building and repairing muscles. Fried chicken is also a good source of B vitamins, which are essential for energy metabolism.
Enjoy this delicious crispy fried chicken recipe! This classic dish is perfect for any occasion, and it's so easy to make at home. Follow these simple directions for the perfect results every time. Good Luck!