When it comes to chicken, there are endless possibilities for flavor combinations. But sometimes, you just want something classic and delicious. That's where this baked teriyaki chicken recipe comes in. This dish is made with simple ingredients that come together to create a mouthwatering meal. Plus, it's baked instead of fried, so you can feel good about eating it.
This recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner because it's easy to make and doesn't require a lot of time or effort. Now, let's look at the ingredients and directions to make this teriyaki chicken.
There are only a few ingredients needed for this Baked Teriyaki Chicken recipe:
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into small strips
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 green onion, chopped
In summary, you'll need some chicken breasts. You can use boneless and skinless chicken breasts or keep the bone in and skin on for extra flavor.
Next, you'll need a bottle of teriyaki sauce. You can find this in the Asian section of most grocery stores.
Finally, you'll need some rice to serve the chicken on. Jasmine rice is a good choice, but you can use any type of rice that you like.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, and vegetable oil.
- Place chicken breasts in the baking dish, and spread the soy sauce mixture over them.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
- While the chicken is baking, prepare the teriyaki sauce. In a small saucepan, stir together brown sugar, soy sauce, water, garlic, and ginger.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, and cook for 2 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat, and set aside until chicken is cooked through.
Here are a few tips to help you make the perfect baked teriyaki chicken every time.
- Always use fresh ingredients when making your teriyaki sauce. This will ensure that your sauce is flavorful and not overly salty.
- If you're short on time, you can use store-bought teriyaki sauce. Just be sure to read the label carefully to make sure it doesn't have any added sugar or artificial ingredients.
- To get that perfect crispy skin on your chicken, be sure to pat it dry before baking. This will help the skin to brown and crisp up nicely in the oven.
This easy, baked teriyaki chicken recipe is a healthier version of the restaurant classic. And, it can be on your dinner table in just 30 minutes! Serve this chicken over rice or noodles with a simple veggie side for a complete meal.
To change things up, try serving the chicken over noodles or salad instead of rice. You can also add some grilled pineapple or mango for a tropical twist. For a heartier meal, add some chopped cooked bacon or grilled mushrooms to the dish.
Here are some more ideas for serving this delicious baked chicken:
- Pair it with a green salad and whole grain bread for a light meal.
- Add it to wraps or sandwiches for lunch the next day.
- Serve it over roasted vegetables for a healthy and hearty dinner.
The nutrition facts for this recipe are as follows:
- Calories: 449
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 93mg
- Sodium: 1654mg
- Carbohydrates: 54g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 10g
- Protein: 28g
As you can see, this recipe is relatively low in calories and fat. It is also high in protein and carbohydrates. This makes it a great option for those who are looking for a healthier alternative to traditional teriyaki chicken recipes.